The 0xc0000076 error is brought on by a absence of a “library” on Home windows, normally Visual C ++, DirectX or identical.
The error exhibits when you are making an attempt to operate a “substantial” application these kinds of as a recreation or some kind of graphics software. It is induced since the application will call for an aspect from the library, which is either not installed or not accessible on your technique.
The mistake will typically clearly show as “0xc0000076” or extra generally “0xc000007b” error, cited following the software attempts to load.
The way to solve this challenge is to assure that you have the appropriate library / dependencies required by the application to operate. It really should solve 90% of the problems with the error.
The typical mistake message for the 0xc0000076 error is as follows:
The application unsuccessful to initialize correctly (0xc0000076)
The critical to correcting this is to fully grasp that each software on Home windows demands a series of “libraries” or “dependencies” to help it run.
These libraries are saved on the tricky drive as DLL documents, apps such as DirectX and “redistributable” offers these types of as Visible C ++. While Microsoft distributes most of the most well-liked libraries, there are a number furnished by other providers too.
The base line of the 0xc0000076 error is that your program is unable to load the dependencies demanded to operate the software.
1. Reinstall Visual C ++
Visible C ++ is typically the culprit here. It is a collection of packages dispersed by Microsoft to assistance enrich the features of Home windows.
Sad to say, like numerous factors “Microsoft”, they've overcomplicated it – generating VC ++ a fully 3rd occasion obtain and splitting up involving unique versions, each individual of which has to be downloaded in order to offer the expected operation.
Unfortunately, it is typically the case that even if the VC ++ is installed, it turns into ruined or corrupt, stopping apps from reading through it the right way.
The very first phase to repairing the 0xc0000076 error, therefore, is to make certain you've set up the most up-to-date variations of the required VC ++ redistributable deals …
- In Home windows 7, click on on “Begin”> “Handle Panel”> “Increase / Remove Packages”
- In Windows 10, ideal-click on on “Start” / “Home windows” button> pick out “Programs and Features”
- From the list that appears, decide on any variations of “Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable”, and Note DOWN their calendar year selection (this is important)
- After notifying the many years, you must then suitable-click each and every of the lists and choose “Uninstall”
- Just after uninstalling them, restart your Pc
- Soon after restart, you'll want to look through to Google and glance for “Microsoft latest visible C ++ offers”
- For every single of the “years” that you mentioned down prior to, download the suitable download and put in.
A brief take note on this topic – when you down load just about every VC ++ offer, you'll be questioned irrespective of whether you want the “x64” or “x86” version. This corresponds to the “architecture” of your method.
If you're not absolutely sure which model of Home windows you have, you need to do the adhering to:
- Push “Home windows” + “R” keys on your keyboard
- In the “Operate” dialogue, form “dxdiag” and press “Enter”
- When DXDiag shows, glance for the “Operating Technique” listing
- Acquire notice of irrespective of whether it's 64-bit or 32-little bit-64-bit is x64 and 32-little bit is x86
- From there, you really should install the several VC ++ deals and then enable it operate.
2. Update DirectX
Following, you will need to update DirectX.
DirectX is a main aspect of Windows which permits your program to run 3D graphics etcetera.
Sadly, due to lots of games and so forth placing their individual variations of DirectX documents on to your system, it is usually the scenario that purposes will exhibit a huge variety of glitches etc with it.
If this is the case, you'll want to set up the “update” to DirectX which really should swap any of the probably harmed documents it may well have …
- Click on “Google” and glimpse for “DirectX Download” – click the initial website link
- Simply click on the orange “Obtain” button
- Simply click “No many thanks and carry on”
- Help save the file to your tough travel
- Open up the software and click on by the course of action (make guaranteed you do not take the “Bing Bar” scamware)
- Allow it install the documents required to update DirectX
- Restart your Computer system
As soon as your Computer has restored, you really should progress to the next move.
.Internet is identical to the above two dependencies, in that it delivers a significant amount of characteristics, data files and configurations needed to get Windows doing work thoroughly.
Sadly, like the others, it can develop into weakened or corrupted. If this is the case, you'll want to update it to the hottest edition, which can be done with the adhering to:
- In Windows 7, click on “Start out”> find “Regulate Panel”> “Incorporate / Take out Packages”
- In Windows 10, proper-click on on “Begin” / “Windows” button> pick “Systems and Capabilities”
- From the dialogue that exhibits, click on on “Transform Home windows options on or off” – Uncheck “.Web 3.5” and “.Web 4.6.2” and then click “Okay”
- Enable the uninstall process come about & restart your Computer
- Following restart, you'll want to look on Google for “.web internet installer”
- Simply click the orange “Obtain” button and then carry on to set up the bundle.
This will exchange any of the.Internet framework data files which may be weakened or corrupted on the system. This will generally reset the the greater part of dependencies on your procedure which * could * be harmed.
Additional to this, you'll also want to assure any “registry” mistakes are cleaned out on your Pc …
4. Cleanse Out Registry Mistakes
Registry mistakes are triggered when the Windows “registry” gets to be damaged or corrupted.
The registry is a central database which Windows utilizes to shop all the options and options your process calls for to operate.
This database is responsible for every thing from your desktop wallpaper to consumer avatar. Sadly, it can become ruined or corrupted – blocking your Computer system from becoming capable to read the settings it necessitates.
To repair this, you'll be most effective cleaning it out with a “registry cleaner”:
- Obtain a dependable registry cleaner instrument (I only propose CCleaner in 2018 which is accessible from “Piriform” – just Google “CCleaner Down load”)
- Install the device and load it up
- Let it scan the registry of your procedure (other areas like Junk Data files do not issue so much)
- Following the scan, cleanse / eliminate any of the troubles it found
- Restart your Personal computer
This not only ensures you're equipped to resolve any of the prospective difficulties that your personal computer could have, but it also guarantees that you're ready to run the packages successfully.
5. Cleanse Out Malware & Reinstall Graphics Driver
If the higher than steps do not do the job, the upcoming is to reinstall your method's graphics driver (indeed, this is a legitimate cause of the error).
To do this, you'll want to obtain “DDU” (Exhibit Driver Uninstaller) from Guru3D. This gets rid of ** all ** of the graphics driver computer software that your program will have set up …
- Click on on the DDU down load website page: (you'll have to Google “DDU Download”)
- Conserve the file to your procedure
- Restart your Laptop into “Safe and sound Method”
To do this, there are different approaches dependent on which model of Home windows you're working:
- In Home windows 7, simply click on “Commence”> “Restart”
- When your method restarts, press F8 consistently on the keyboard before anything at all starts off to load
- This will provide up the “Advanced Boot Options” menu from which you need to have to pick “Risk-free Mode”
- In Home windows 10, click on on “Start off” / “Windows” button (base still left corner)
- Pick out the “Electricity” button – Keeping Change, press “Restart”
- This will carry up the blue “Recovery Environment” monitor.
- From below, decide on “Troubleshoot”> “Sophisticated Options”> “Startup Settings”> “Restart”
- When the system reboots, it will load the “Sophisticated Boot Possibilities” screen from which you'll be equipped to decide “Safe Method” From right here, you'll enter “Safe and sound Method”.
- You need to click onto the DDU application you downloaded and then let it operate.
- You'll want to decide on “Cleanse and Restart (Advised)”.
This will fully take out the graphics driver, which * should really * take care of any remaining occurrences of the mistake. Enable the technique restart into “ordinary” mode and then test loading the application once more.
At the time in “usual” mode, you'll have to get the graphics driver mounted once again. In Windows 10, this will normally be performed automatically. The issue is that if you have some tailor made driver, it could be causing some sort of conflicts, which will be solved by fully eradicating it with DDU.
If the over does not work, you may possibly have a defect issue in just Windows.
Aside from working with a extra impressive mistake cleaner device, you may benefit from in search of additional certain suggestions. To do this, I would advocate both observing a repair service guy (who 'll have * accurately * the similar recommendations as me), or asking on line.